Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6,659 made on Friday March 2, 2012 at 22:39
Audiophiliac
August 2006
Sheesh.....it was friday of course. Started out by picking up a TV at son-in-law's house to take to his mother-in-law's house to install. Boss was supposed to meet me at her place with the rest of the parts to mount the TV to her existing cabinet because they threw out the OEM TV base (brilliant). He calls and says he is going to be a few hours late because he is in the emergency room. (WTF? I saw him 1/2 hour ago and he was fine). I get there, retro some RG6 for future DTV locations, trim the plates, and waited. Boss shows up, we rig the TV to the cabinet and leave for the next job.

We have signed up to subcontract TV deliveries/installs for Sears which has its pros and cons. We go to the first one and put together a stand and put the TV in and show the elderly people how confusing it is to use their cable box remote to turn the TV on and off (hahaha.....old people are funny).

4:00 - Boss's wife (real boss?) calls and says we have another Sears job to do. I beat the boss to the mall (Sears), run in a grab a slice of cardboard pizza to scarf down. Boss shows up, we load the TV. His wife shows up with the paperwork and we are off to the other side of town. Haul the lady's old Sony SXRD out, put in the new Sharp LCD, set it up and get out of there.

Drive back to shop in rush hour traffic. Unload truck, do paperwork, try to go home. Does your boss talk a lot? Mine does. New job....new boss....I am not comfortable yet just putting my foot down and telling him I NEED to go NOW....so I hang out and shoot the breeze for 15 minutes.

6:30 - I drive home (1/2 mile) and pick up my ~2 yr. old daughter at the neighbors' house (wife had to go to work at 6). Made spaghetti with pesto alfredo sauce for dinner. Fire up the SONOS and the laptop to chill for the night. And here we are.

No work until wednesday (maybe). Nice! :) Part time is pretty awesome.....it will not last much longer...gotta enjoy it. Built an 8' snowman yesterday. :)
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse