The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Wednesday February 22, 2012 at 11:00
cgav
Select Member
September 2009
On February 22, 2012 at 10:53, AV Exclusive said...
Cgav, We have all cost figures out to the penny and are ready to manufacture here in the USA. This is not my first product launch. I have managed the launch and manufacturing of 12 other products for another company so understand all the issues involved manufacturing both in the USA and China. I chose to use a manufacture that I have known for 15 years who does excellent work and I want it made here to support our economy. Also on a side note for small companies manufacturing in China is not an easy thing to do. Read some of the horror stories on Kickstarter for evidence. Delivery times are also a major issue with China 3-4 month by ship.. When it comes to quality expect 15-20% of china made product to be made wrong and then you need to wait 3-4 months for the next batch. Working here allows us to make quick changes and adjust to the market place. Most quality manufactures in the US are or have adjusted to meet quantity pricing to get their pricing to be pretty competitive with comparable Chinese competitors. Among US manufactures there is a strong urgency to be competitive and they are investing heavily in production machinery. This is my first breakout product not working for another company and we are working hard to get it launched. Thanks for the support.

I didn't mean for my comment on funding to be insulting if it was taken that way. I am ignorant on the subject when it comes to manufacturing, but IMHO, $30k seems incredibly low. Especially since (presumably) a majority of that $30k will be going towards fulfilling orders (pledges). I think you easily could have swung for twice that amount.

Hosting Services by ipHouse