The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Friday February 17, 2012 at 01:40
zBriGuy
Lurking Member
February 2012
Thanks for the reply and the good info. For the record, the button color is not as definitive as you think. I've lined up the 3 remotes that we have (2 older silver ones and the one newer grey one) and as you can see they all have identical button colors including all red OK/Select buttons.

All other external markings are identical, but there are probably other internal markings or stickers that could help identify the model. For the purposes of this thread (Pioneer receiver interference) I guess the only way to be sure is to film it with a cell phone or other video camera and watch for the 4th flash.

I did read your earlier post but I wasn't clear on what you meant by the 995 and 994 commands and reprogramming the PIP button. I was able to find a quick workaround so I didn't pursue it too much, but I'm sure that's helpful advice for others. Also, since we have a few people using similar remotes, telling people to use different buttons depending on the set can get confusing.

You seem to know a lot about this stuff so I'm wondering if you knew what the purpose was for that 4th signal (1023). This is the second sneaky thing that I've discovered concerning Comcast and their HD hardware/software. The first being the secret menu on the HD box to change screen resolution.

Hosting Services by ipHouse