Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6,560 made on Thursday February 9, 2012 at 02:54
sofa_king_CI
June 2009
On February 5, 2012 at 15:13, Neurorad said...
Mario, most of the cost is labor, and it takes the same amount of time to pull 2 cables as 1 cable.

I disagree, I figure it takes at least an extra 15 minutes. Why? Because it's now two boxes of wire you have to unpack and repack, two cables that need to be documented, label printed, box marked, label applied. Two wires that need tacked up (this usually doesn't take extra time but it can if you your trunk path is getting full), if any tricking fishing around corners or anything is needed, 2 wires is definitely harder than one.

Is at as much as pulling 2 wires independently, no. But its definitely more than just pulling one. Overall, our pull prices are an average of jobs where we counted number of pulls, avg length, time on site and time documenting. Some pulls were singles and some were 6-10. Sometimes if you have 4 wires adding that 5th is what screws you cuz all your holes are now full. 

I've been doing paperwork and reviewing contracts the last two days. Finished a small little install for a friend and some trim out on a prewired we did that may result in a small media room system install on Monday. Tomorrow will be more paperwork and planning, scheduling, ordering etc. We've been busy the last few weeks, but not doing the type of stuff that brings in money, just busy work. Time to get some cash coming in!
do wino hue?

Hosting Services by ipHouse