The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday January 12, 2012 at 01:41
TheGreek
Lurking Member
January 2012
I have an aeros mx-850 and a Denon 3806. For years I've dealt with a volume issue. For starters I have to push and hold the volume button to make a change. It's impossible to increase the volume by .5 db. I can only ramp the volume up. As you can imagine this is very annoying. To make matters worse it takes about .5/sec for the receiver to start increasing volume and once it does it goes up quickly.

Today I had enough and decided to go and buy a new receiver...the Denon 2312ci. However before I went and made my impulse buy I programmed my remote and took it with me. Guess what...same thing. Argh!!!!

Programming the remote is a breeze and I understand all the in's and out's of programming this remote. I've tried every trick possible. The one thing I was able to do that made a difference was to put a button on the LCD with a macro. The macro was set to delay .1 and then volume -. This seems to work better but it doesn't ramp and it's not an optimal solution.

Is there something wrong with the remote? It's doing this with the old and new receivers. Someone please help.

Steps tried:
Learn button
Learn with hand over remote and then remote
Learn with multiple push of volume button
Macro
Multiple Denon codes

Thank you in advance for any information you may provide
Always imitated never duplicated

Hosting Services by ipHouse