The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Saturday December 31, 2011 at 16:05
Agrarian
Lurking Member
December 2011
On December 31, 2011 at 12:38, RandyWalters said...
Well the R40 and older R50 do not give you the ability to edit a macro. If you want to make any changes to a macro, you have to erase it first, then re-create it with the new script. So if that's truly a deal breaker then you can scratch both of these units off your list. But i'm used to doing this with my stable of MX-500s over the years as well as MX-500s i've used on friends' and customers' systems so it doesn't bother me at all, and it is an acceptable flaw since i love my R40. This is the first consumer remote i've tried that can finally replace my beloved primary MX-500 (which i still use MX-500s in my other rooms - for now). I did briefly have an R50 but i returned it because of i didn't like the way it felt in my hand - it has an odd design and uncomfortable placement of the volume and transport keys. The R40 is way better in this regard and feels like a much more expensive and professional remote.

I just setup my new R40 and, unless I'm missing something, found that it does have macro editing functionality. I created a macro to turn on power to three devices and then discovered I needed a Pause and Input command added. I went to Macros on the Advanced menu and selected Edit Existing Macro. I was then presented with the list of my macro's steps and was offered the ability to insert Pauses, delete steps or add steps. Seemed like full editing to me.

Hosting Services by ipHouse