The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Saturday December 31, 2011 at 12:38
RandyWalters
Long Time Member
December 2006
On November 21, 2011 at 04:59, FargleBargle said...
Does the R40 have on-screen macro editing like the MX-450, or is it more like my old MX-500, where you need to enter it all in from scratch when you make a change? If it does, it could be the perfect replacement. If not, I'll be looking at something more like the computer programmable MX-780. Are there any other things that a potential buyer should know before deciding?

Well the R40 and older R50 do not give you the ability to edit a macro. If you want to make any changes to a macro, you have to erase it first, then re-create it with the new script. So if that's truly a deal breaker then you can scratch both of these units off your list. But i'm used to doing this with my stable of MX-500s over the years as well as MX-500s i've used on friends' and customers' systems so it doesn't bother me at all, and it is an acceptable flaw since i love my R40. This is the first consumer remote i've tried that can finally replace my beloved primary MX-500 (which i still use MX-500s in my other rooms - for now). I did briefly have an R50 but i returned it because of i didn't like the way it felt in my hand - it has an odd design and uncomfortable placement of the volume and transport keys. The R40 is way better in this regard and feels like a much more expensive and professional remote.
Randy
URC MX-890, MX-780, MX-450, R40, MX-500, Sony XBR-55X900E, Panny TC-P55ST60, Tivo Roamio Pro & Premiere & OTA, TWC Arris DVR, Onkyo 333 AVR, Roku Express 4K, Panasonic Blu-Ray

Hosting Services by ipHouse