The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday November 22, 2011 at 19:25
adk highlander
Long Time Member
March 2010
I'm having some issues now that I have added a second 250 to my system.  I built a garage and have a workout room above it.  I ran several cat5 wires over for the 250, wireless internet, and a component balun.  Approx 60ft.  I tested the wires and all are working properly.  I have a good internet connection and I am receiving audio and video through the balun fine.  The 250 is giving me fits.  I am getting only a few functions to work.  I do see the rf light flash when I press a key so it seems like it is getting the signal from the KP-900 and it is getting power.

When adding the second 250 to the msc I added both anteanna's to the phoenix connector as is recommended.  I am also now getting some odd response issues now in the house which I never had before.

Is there a particular way I should wire the remote anteanna?  I do have a patch panel on each end.  Should I wire the keystones in a straight wire configuration?  Should I double the wires(both blue's for data, both oranges for +, etc)?

Hosting Services by ipHouse