The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 163 made on Friday November 4, 2011 at 12:56
avgenius1
Founding Member
May 2002
On November 4, 2011 at 10:19, 39 Cent Stamp said...
If i see water i know its wet. If you have an ugly baby i will tell you its ugly. If you are a redneck racist i will let you know about it.

Water is not always wet when it can be seen. Telling someone their baby is ugly very well will result in you getting your ass kicked on top of being completely rude. Being a redneck is not the same as being racist. Stating an incorrect fact over and over does not make it any less incorrect. You are better than this.

I never called anyone here a racist. I said the guy in the video is a redneck racist. Because he is. I also said that anyone agreeing with his point of view has a skewed sense of right and wrong and is also probably a redneck racist.

Actually you did but that has already been pointed out.

My point of view isn't just mine. Its the right point of view. You either get that or you don't. It is not okay to be a racist. Period. If someone is a racist they have the right to be that way inside their own mind. Once that racism leaves their tiny little brain and starts to manifest itself outside in the real world inside the United States of America... They are doing something wrong and i will be the first one to let them know about it.

Who here has said it was okay to be a racist? That doesn't mean that everyone who fits the term redneck is also a racist. You saying it does is a bigotted statement and removes all credence to your argument. I certainly do not condone racism in any manner but I also do not condone a misuse of a very harsh word when it is being applied out of context. If you are incorrect in what you are labeling someone, even if your intent is to state that someting is wrong, does not make your point of view right. Yes, it is semantics but that is the difference between being educated and not. Rednecks, hillbillies, wool hats and the like are not always racists. My wife has family in the hills of Kentucky who certainly qualify as hillbillies (and hillbetties). They are not, however, racists. Kind of hard to be racist when you are a caucasian female who is married to an african american male. I enjoy watching motorsports, not Nascar though, so that would technically qualify me as a redneck and I can assure you that I am far from being racist even though I grew up in the southeastern states.

I wont be one of those sitting around saying "there was nothing we could do about it" like the Germans after world war 2. They had plenty of chances to do something about it but chose not to.

You should really read more history. Your statements here show that you are not that educated about what exactly took place in Germany. America holds a good bit of the blame for not intervening in the attacks on Jews in Germany because we were more worried about them defaulting on bond debt. Our government knew what was happening and did nothing, not even a vocal response against the inhumane treatment of Jews before the war. Check out a book called In The Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson. He was the American Diplomat in Germany during Hitler's reign of hate. This is a non-fiction account of how Hitler brainwashed the German public and how America set idly by waiting for money. It also exposes how many in the goverment were in agreement with Hitler. Once the Germans realized what was happening it really was too late for them to do anything. Those that did speak up found themselves dead or beaten to the edge of death or worse.

I asked if anyone could tell me when discrimination is okay. Society certainly partakes in discrimination now, actively, and without protest. Gender discrimination is still discrimination. Do you know when discrimination is acceptable societal behavior? Yes, even YOU are being discriminated against and indulge in the same discrimination that is leveraged against you.

Last edited by avgenius1 on November 4, 2011 13:50.
"Some may never live but the crazy never die" ~ Hunter S. Thompson
"There will be plenty of time to sleep when I am dead" ~ Me

Hosting Services by ipHouse