Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 121 made on Friday November 4, 2011 at 01:09
BigPapa
October 2005
On November 3, 2011 at 16:22, Fins said...
I didn't bother watching the video, or reading the whole article, but yes he is a racist bigot. But I still super his right to be an ignorant fool. taking away his right actually fits more with hitler's ideas of trying to force people to think as they are told. I think ending bigotry and racism through education is a better solution than with legislation. While legislation keeping government agencies and programs from discriminating is an obvious need, I don't think we should try to legislate how people run their businesses. At least not small businesses.

I watched and read. He doesn't think he's doing anything morally wrong and I think it's clear he doesn't understand the legality of it either. It is his right to be an ignorant fool. Your rights cannot come at the expense of others merely because you have a business.

Ending bigotry and racism through education would be a better solution than having to create law against it. But the same can be true for all other crime. The reason we have laws is because it still happens. It would be nice if the United States didn't have to have the Civil Rights Act, but we did and obviously still do.

Unless you're talking about some whiney liberal woo racial sensitivity training..... LOL.

The fact is that the Civil Rights Act is not telling you how to run your business. It's telling how not to run your business specifically with regard to discrimination for race/religious/other group reasons.

Hosting Services by ipHouse