The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday October 21, 2011 at 18:39
Daniel Tonks
Wrangler of Remotes
October 1998
If you see a popup, please make note of the ad at the top of the page, and possibly the left side or bottom if it is not Google or an in-house ad (but mostly the one at the top). Ideally the website or company name. This is important, because the popup is hidden on another company's ad and likely has nothing to do with the ad it is "attached" to.

That way I can try to find the ad on the third-party company's listing and a) disable it and b) complain. However not all ads are shown in all areas, and I have not seen this one myself.

Please note that by installing noscript or ad blocking software you are removing the only way this site has to pay for hosting costs. We do not beg for money or send out "newsletters" or ask that people register just to download files or view content - we simply show unobtrusive ads.

Yes, right now there's potentially a popup issue, however at our two third-party ad providers we specifically disable popups, auto-expanding ads, audio ads, ads between posts, keyword linking ads, interstitial ads that block the entire page, plus entire categories of ads, all of which would earn a lot more revenue if we were to allow them - but I don't want to do anything here that would annoy me as a regular viewer.

If you insist on not allowing us to display ads to help recoup expenses, then consider some other way of supporting Remote Central - either by sharing content (ie. files, codes, graphics, etc) or perhaps a donation.

Hosting Services by ipHouse