The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Thursday September 29, 2011 at 16:07
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
On September 29, 2011 at 15:58, Mr. Stanley said...
Ha ha details details details... Looks good though - a lot of work to install speakers in toungue and groove.

If you'd tried using something like the Labor Saving Device hole cutter, you'd run the risk of messing up with that type of surface (imho)...

The tongue and groove was a piece of cake with the router. My template sandwiched it together with the plywood backing. Would have been nice if the lighting and fans were centered on the wood so i could center my speaker.

My main fear with the LSD product or the other one like it is that the bits/tipsblades would keep breaking in the wood. If i had a pair of speakers to put in i might have gambled but i had a lot to put in. I had the perfect size hole saw but again my fear was that it would get dull quick and possibly burn up my battery drill or break my wrist if it got wedged while cutting.

The router was ridiculously messy, saw dust everywhere and allover me and i had to spent 5-10 minutes prepping each area but cutting was under 30 seconds for every speaker with no mistakes.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse