The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 55 made on Sunday September 25, 2011 at 02:38
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
Over the past year or two I haven't been keeping my configuration file as organized as I'd like. Has been bugging me for some time. Since my configuration file is now available for download I figured I might as well take the time to get things cleaned up the way I'd like. Ended up spending the entire day on it and then some. Nothing has changed per what is seen on the remote as a result. It was all clean up work in the editor. Comparing this lastest version of my configuration file in the editor to the prior version shows quite an improvement. Should be a much better read for anyone looking at my configuration file in PEP v1.1.20 for the first time. In the process I also took some time to update my XM Radio activity for the other zone after getting the RS-232 cable hooked up in addition to cleaning up the graphic being used on the Now Playing page a bit more. I also addressed an issue with the Now Playing page regarding the hardware ID. Originally I was sending the "GetHardwareID\r" command along with the other "get" commands at 1 second intervals while on the Now Playing page. When displaying the Now Playing page for 5 minutes or more however, I found that the antenna strength and hardware ID labels would eventually display the message, "Invalid Parameter". Once this happened the only way to get the XRt12 to return the needed data successfully was to unplug the XRt12's power cord, then waiting 3 minutes or so before plugging it back in. I was able to replicate this issue at will. Did some searching online and found this to be a known issue of sorts. During my troubleshooting I discovered that if I didn't include the "GetHardwareID\r" command the issue was not still happening with respects to the "GetAntennaStrength\r" command. That being said, the solution I employed was very simple. As there is no need to repeatedly request the hardware ID anyway I'm now sending the "GetHardwareID\r" command just prior to displaying the Now Playing page for the first time, then saving the data returned to a system global which in turn is what I have populating the hardware ID label on the Now Playing page. Issue resolved! :-) When first entering the activity if the system global is undefined I send the "GetHardwareID\r" command, then storing the data returned to the system global. If the system global is already defined I do nothing.

Last edited by Lowpro on November 21, 2011 12:20.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse