The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday September 11, 2011 at 20:20
ghrays
Long Time Member
June 2002
I currently have a Russound CAV 6.6 system in my home, with 6 zones and two ABUS subzones (in the master bedroom and bath where no speaker wires were homerun but cat 5 cable was run in the walls). I have two music sources, an iPod dock and a Russound Sirius tuner. The whole thing works, but in the ABUS zones there is no control of the iPod or Sirius tuner unless I use a handheld remote to change the Sirius station and no control over the ipod at all.

I also have an MX900 remote for my home theater and an MSC400 to control my Denon AVR, TV, Bluray player, cable box, lights, and through RS232 the Russound music system. Since the MSC400 is one way RF, no metadata from the iPod or Sirius tuner is of course displayed on the MX900.

SO, I am thinking of scrapping the whole thing and getting a new system by URC, their total control DMS1200 with the MRX-10 and whatever else is needed for the two zones without speaker wire home run, including the new streaming SNP-1 player and iPod dock.

I also have to say I LOVE the URC remote system I have now. It is totally reliable and bullet-proof at what it does.

Does anyone have experience with the new total control distributed audio system?

Hosting Services by ipHouse