The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday September 7, 2011 at 14:01
smg669
Long Time Member
October 2003
On September 5, 2011 at 21:46, Raymond Luxury-Yacht said...
Nice buttons and backgrounds. I'd really like a copy of those too. Are you navigating to the advanced device control page from the Help button? I used an if statement on the watch & listen buttons so that if those buttons are held down for > 1 second then you jump to the control page for the appropriate device instead of executing the normal watch or listen macro.

My current scheme is that the advanced device controls page is simply page 2 of my "Main" section. I've considered using your "press-and-hold" method, but this is working for now. One benefit of being a DiYer is that you can monitor the usage of the remote and quickly correct any issues the kids/wife are stumbling over. The help button just goes to a hidden device with two pages - first page is filled with discrete on/off for the main devices and the second page is discrete input commands for the av receiver.

All of my devices are TOADs (save my cable box, which is an "always on" device) so the need for "Help" hasn't happened (yet). I typically send back-up commands in my macro to make sure there aren't any RF dropout issues.

Hosting Services by ipHouse