The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 42 made on Thursday August 11, 2011 at 21:10
cpchillin
Select Member
September 2007
On August 11, 2011 at 01:53, amc2011 said...
Well, if the TV is working that means it is already turned on, most probably with some help of the remote/phone. So there is no need to run the program - it is already running. As about the performance - my harmony is like that, really slow. It takes several really long seconds to change the volume. On the smartphone you can actually program something like Vol-10 button that would make it 10 bars quieter. Or (if the smartphone is the only remote to be used) you can even make Vol=10 button that would set the volume to 10. Most universal remotes can't do that, for instance.

I haven't seen any harmony of the last 6 yrs that has any delay between sending commands once things are turned on. Also imagine your phone rings while the TV is turned up. How do you turn it down? Please name one TV brand that has IR commands that allow you to send a single command to set the volume at a certain level, ie button press 8 sets volume to 75%, button press 5 sets volume to 45% About the only way to do set volumes is through RS232 or IP commands.

It's in the video and in the blog. The brief explanation is
- each LED blinks with 38/2 = 19KHz frequency
- the phase is shifted 180 degrees
- the resulting frequency of the sum of both LEDs is the sum of frequencies of each LED = 38K

That's really brief explanation b/c there are at least three different ways to wire the LEDs and they use different principles to double the frequency, but as a brief explanation that works. You can find more details in the text blog, there are drawings on the stickies showing the picture of what's happening with the LEDs.

I'm glad to see that my brain still thinks right.
Who says you can't put 61" plasmas up on cantilever mounts using toggle bolts? <---Thanks Ernie ;)

Hosting Services by ipHouse