Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday August 5, 2011 at 22:22
Roofer88
Lurking Member
August 2011
Dear Lyndel,

Thank you for the reply. I was finally able to make the RC9500 work, even under a 64-bit operating system. The key is to be sure all software (Wizz.it 9) and drivers are installed when using Windows XP Mode. Very important is that the device is selected from the "USB" prompt at the top of the WXP Mode screen. The RC9500 will be labeled "Unidentified Device". I have put below the steps I used to make this work properly:

Installation:
1. Install WXP Mode software and WXP Virtual PC patch (KB958559); see [Link: microsoft.com].
2. Prepare a USB stick with Wizz.it 9 and WXP drivers saved on it.
2. Open Windows XP Mode; all software and hardware (drivers) MUST be installed under WXP mode only. Windows 7 will not recognise any.
3. At top of WXP mode screen, open 'USB", and activate (share) USB Flash Drive.
4. Use My Computer to locate the flash drive contents, then install Wizz.it 9.
5. Plug-in mini-USB cable to PC and RC9500, it will search for driver in Windows 7 mode, just ignore it.
6. Open 'USB" from top of screen, select "Unidentified Device' (this is the RC9500)and activate it for sharing.
7. WXP will now search for driver, find it in the USB drive (from Step 2 above).
8. Open Wizz.it 9 software, it should be able to now communicate with the RC9500.

Ongoing Use:
1. ALWAYS open WXP Mode first (not just Wizz.it 9 shortcut in W7 start menu).
2. With WXP mode now open, click Wizz.it 9 shortcut.
3. Connect mini-USB cable between PC and RC9500.
3. Open "USB" at top of WXP Mode screen, select (attach) "Unidentified Device" for sharing.
4. If prompted for driver again, just repeat from Step 7 in Installation.
5. Complete all work in WXP mode only, save and then release "Unidentified Device" before closing WXP mode.

Hosting Services by ipHouse