The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 41 made on Wednesday April 27, 2011 at 10:54
roddymcg
Loyal Member
September 2003
On April 27, 2011 at 02:57, bcf1963 said...
Guess you have yet to discover sarcasm.

I've reread my comments, and honestly don't understand how you feel so attacked. In my comment where I talk about the DIY'er having to teach the pro, I even used a LOL... but I guess you were seeing red at that point. Didn't mean to anger you.

At no point did I attack you. I did however point to what you said, and state with facts that I backed up, why I saw them as wrong. There is a difference between me stating that your statements are incorrect, and attacking you. You have however made numerous allusions to me being a "poo flinging primate", "...prove my dick is bigger", and other comments in the earlier posting. I get that you feel attacked because I corrected you, and since you see my points, you are on the defensive. But you are the one flinging the comments of a 13 year old, unless you want to attribute "poo flinging primate" to a 14 year old.

So, I'm just going to agree to disagree with you on this one. I haven't soldered an RS232 cable in over 15 years. I use the small RJ45 to DB9 adapters, as I like the flexibility, and ease of use. I think running CAT5 or 6 for serial works fine. In the few instances a problem arises, it is easily fixed by pulling a few bucks worth of gear out, that is the kind of stuff I have laying around for just such occasions. I think the flexibility of the networking cable outweighs the small downside of when it is used for RS232.

Just accept that Stamp and techs like me who do not care to solder on 232 connects are lazy and you are a poo poo thrower for stating facts.
When good enough is not good enough.

Hosting Services by ipHouse