Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Wednesday April 27, 2011 at 02:57
bcf1963
September 2004
On April 26, 2011 at 11:25, avgenius1 said...
*Yawn* Whatever man. Whether you are crushed or not has no effect on me. I could really care less how you feel.

Guess you have yet to discover sarcasm.

Correcting information can be done without acting like a typical 13 year old internet troll. What should I expect though. I left RC many years ago when the DIY crowd showed up from AVS. Every one of them responded in your fashion. 'Ooohhhh, I can start a flame war with a pro and attempt to prove my dick is bigger'. It bores me and makes me walk away from forums where your kind linger. Here's a tip, you can be polite on the internet. I know, I know, it's hard for you to believe that is possible. It can happen. I have witnessed it in many forums, including this one. I mean honestly, what purpose did your post to me serve? Is it not possible that you could have simply responded with "hey, I think you have this wrong {quote some spec or website or whatever}". You act like I was being unwavering on the information I posted. I pulled that info from out of the catacombs of my mind in an effort to steer someone in the right direction. Responses from others were polite and corrective. I retracted my information with a follow up post. There really is no need to act like a poo flinging primate is there?

I've reread my comments, and honestly don't understand how you feel so attacked. In my comment where I talk about the DIY'er having to teach the pro, I even used a LOL... but I guess you were seeing red at that point. Didn't mean to anger you.

At no point did I attack you. I did however point to what you said, and state with facts that I backed up, why I saw them as wrong. There is a difference between me stating that your statements are incorrect, and attacking you. You have however made numerous allusions to me being a "poo flinging primate", "...prove my dick is bigger", and other comments in the earlier posting. I get that you feel attacked because I corrected you, and since you see my points, you are on the defensive. But you are the one flinging the comments of a 13 year old, unless you want to attribute "poo flinging primate" to a 14 year old.

So, I'm just going to agree to disagree with you on this one. I haven't soldered an RS232 cable in over 15 years. I use the small RJ45 to DB9 adapters, as I like the flexibility, and ease of use. I think running CAT5 or 6 for serial works fine. In the few instances a problem arises, it is easily fixed by pulling a few bucks worth of gear out, that is the kind of stuff I have laying around for just such occasions. I think the flexibility of the networking cable outweighs the small downside of when it is used for RS232.

Hosting Services by ipHouse