The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday March 19, 2011 at 11:25
Canal6
Long Time Member
March 2011
Newbie here. I am rehabbing a vintage Panasonic video projector, model PT-M1085U, to use at our college. The projector seems to work but I need a remote to set it up and make many necessary adjustments. If I can't find the remote it seems my only choice is to get a Pronto TS1000 because there is a file here at Remote Central that is supposed to work for this projector on a TS1000.

My first question is will any other Pronto family remotes work? The TS1000 is hard to find and expensive ($75). Is there something better but compatible with the .ccf file and the Panasonic projector.

Another question: what is the pinout for the cable to connect the TS1000 to a PC? I plan to find a legacy PC on campus and load ProntoEdit on it in order to transfer the .ccf file into the Pronto. Is this a good plan?

Bottom line, what is a prudent path (cost is an issue, but success is what I am after) for me to get a fully functional remote for our projector?

I am more familiar with Macs than PCs but the IT people can help me with any PC issues.

Thanks to all for any help.
TV Dept.

Hosting Services by ipHouse