The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Sunday February 6, 2011 at 14:57
nomad8201
Long Time Member
March 2005
Thanks Daniel...I just downloaded your R50 Excel planner and it looks like it will save me some time.

I've been using your MX-500 spreadsheet for years (through several equipment upgrades) and it has proved invaluable. I just recently added a Sony BDP-S570 Blu-ray player to my system and having the spreadsheet, along with a good wiring list for my system, made the upgrade very straightforward.

I don't have the R50 yet, but based on your review, it looks like an obvious upgrade path from the MX-500. I was wondering, do you know if any of the issues you raised in your review have been addressed by URC in subsequent R50 production firmware? For example, being able to use the 8 colored (FAV) backgrounds for device functions would be great, especially for emulating the yellow, blue, red and green buttons on my new Blu-ray remote. I have been writing code for microprocessors for a very long time (longer than Bill Gates), so I know this would be a minor change.

By the way, there is one great MX-500 feature that is apparently missing from the R50, which is the CLONE feature. I have gone through several MX-500 units over the years and the ability to copy all my customization from one remote to another with a few button clicks has saved me a lot of time (and wear and tear on my fingers). Is it true the R50 doesn't do Cloning?

Hosting Services by ipHouse