The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Friday January 28, 2011 at 21:42
rr61522
Long Time Member
March 2008
On January 28, 2011 at 20:04, 39 Cent Stamp said...

There is one single major issue that i have not been able to address and that your program wont address... How do i get HBO or AMC?

Tru Blood
Boardwalk Empire
Walking Dead
In treatment
Dexter
.........................dozens of other shows...

Cutting the cord means cutting access to these shows. And you can't even buy Tru Blood until the season is over. Because of this.. there will be those that IMO have already cut the cord or will soon and those who just cant let go of their handful of shows even if it means paying $100+ a month for the rest of that garbage that makes it on the air.

Moving forward imo.. they had better come up with a solution to getting exactly and only the content we want when we want it or bit torrent will be the content provider of choice.

FYI HBO offers the ability to subscribe to their content for streaming through your browser. It is a monthly fee, and I don't remember how much it was.

I will have to say that I agree with Fins though... Even though I do it at home, I would never try to sell a customer on a browser based solution because of having to search all the different places for the content that you want. It can be a real pain. Our job is to make customers lives simpler, because most people are already scared of the systems we install because "they are so complex" in most customers words. When someone figures out a simple, reliable way to blend it all into one interface, I will change my opinion.

Hosting Services by ipHouse