The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Friday January 28, 2011 at 20:04
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
On January 28, 2011 at 10:37, Wesley Mullings said...
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. I have a new item to proof for all of you. If you have any customers that desire to sever their ties with cable TV, I have a free spreadsheet that assists you in helping them to figure out how to get that done with today's various web services and devices, minus connected Blu-Ray players and TVs. Simply fill out the information using the instructions on each tab, and you will see how much money they waste on cable TV, what their bill SHOULD be according to their viewing habits, and what their billing CAN be if they use web services and OTA DTV instead. I left out pricing for the various devices in case either you are a dealer, or you experience different pricing for another reason in your market.

The link is here: CableCutter

After you fill in the information, go back through the tabs once again to see the results. I have yet to find anyone who uses more than 5% of their available cable TV programming, which means that cable is a >95% waste of money. Let me know if there are CONSTRUCTIVE improvements that can be made to this spreadsheet.

And if you want to know my formulas, buy my book instead. It's in the Amazon Kindle store.

I think that most of us here have already realized that cable and satellite is a huge waste of money. Many.. myself included.. have already cut the cord and i rely on a mix of iTunes and hulu.

IMO there is an audience for your book but its not in the Custom Installation Lounge. Everyone here is aware of the things you are aware of so you will get the "i already knew that" type answers. I think you already knew that though.

There is one single major issue that i have not been able to address and that your program wont address... How do i get HBO or AMC?

Tru Blood
Boardwalk Empire
Walking Dead
In treatment
Dexter
.........................dozens of other shows...

Cutting the cord means cutting access to these shows. And you can't even buy Tru Blood until the season is over. Because of this.. there will be those that IMO have already cut the cord or will soon and those who just cant let go of their handful of shows even if it means paying $100+ a month for the rest of that garbage that makes it on the air.

Moving forward imo.. they had better come up with a solution to getting exactly and only the content we want when we want it or bit torrent will be the content provider of choice.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse