The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Sunday January 23, 2011 at 15:54
brentj
Lurking Member
January 2011
Has Anyone gotten ANY controlling to work of the PN58C8000 or other current model 3D Plasma series of that line?

I know my serial cable works because I can set the tv to debug mode and the serial port to 115k and I can see all the text it spits out.

But I've tried sending commands I've found on various threads online, with their checksums, and gotten no reply at all from the TV even when powered on.

I've tried every baud rate I can, in both debug and UART modes for the TV's port.

I'm sending from a BitWise controls box as the "computer". They have a program that lets you send strings and monitor replies in a window. I guess I have no proof that the messages are ACTUALLY being sent. Guess I need to test the transmit function of the cable somehow. Hook it to a computer instead.

But I'd feel the continued effort would be more worthwhile if I knew SOMEONE was controlling THIS model of Tv this way and one verified command I could use to test it. Most interested in "power on" (yes, I've read that some models can't do this)

Thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse