The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday November 21, 2010 at 10:41
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
Say for example you wanted a Mobile DJ for your wedding at a high class venue and the only info for DJ's locally that you can find is two providers web sites of equal merit and there location and one DJ is based in an area that is known to be a rough area and another is in a nice respectable suburban area would that put you off the DJ from the rough neighbourhood ?

I don't know. Then again, if it is websites, then why include your address?

The issue is that some years ago I used to be in the executive comity of a club and every year we had (have) a dance. The DJ was always either picked through word of mouth ("I heard this guy and he is good") or experience ("same guy as last year", "was at.... and he did a good job"). In the end what is important is the type of music he owns and plays (likes). A DJ can say they play anything, but if his collection is mostly pop and they want waltzes and polkas, it won't work too well.

In that sense maybe where you live can have an effect. If guy A has it good with the manager at the high class venue, and the wedding party asks him for some recommendations, guy B could lose out. If guy A has some contact with the bride/groom or someone else high in the wedding party or if there is a wedding planner then B could lose out.....

Hosting Services by ipHouse