The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday November 17, 2010 at 23:18
Mr Griffiths
It's my lucky day!
February 2005
Say for example you wanted a Mobile DJ for your wedding at a high class venue and the only info for DJ's locally that you can find is two providers web sites of equal merit and there location and one DJ is based in an area that is known to be a rough area and another is in a nice respectable suburban area would that put you off the DJ from the rough neighbourhood ?

Now I believe the correct moral answer is no it shouldn't ..each DJ should be contacted and how they respond to the enquiry and any questions you may have , how they tailor the service to your needs and budget and who is best able to demonstrate experience and professionalism and value for money will determine who you hire BUT i believe in the real world many people have hang ups , prejudices , Un-founded fears and may not even bother contacting the DJ from the rough neighbourhood .

There are areas in my city that I believe would put off potential clients , i have been told that's rubbish and you can be successful anywhere but there are Zero , None, not one high class wedding DJ's in one particular area of my City.
ok this could be that anyone that can afford the equipment to host such a high class event would
1.move out of the area
2. have the gear stolen if they stayed in that area.

it could be that no one has thought about setting up such a service when they live in this area.

My guess is that this particular area that is a very high immigrant ethnic area with a high crime rate frightens some people and that many middle class white people in the nice areas would not wish to hire a dj from that area no matter how good they may be due to there own fears.

I feel many will never openly admit this to be the case but it to be true.

Hosting Services by ipHouse