The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday November 14, 2010 at 17:31
Bruce H.Campbell
Long Time Member
January 2007
My bitching with Rogers has to do with the download speeds now that I found a place to catch up
with missed shows....see my rant on WUTV-DT.

I shoulda gone with the higher tier on the mobile modem, was cheap at the time so I only got what is equal to ultralight on cable with the portable modem[the black box that looks like a pie slice on its' end, NOT the rocket] and now anyone who buys it just gets the one level at 45 bucks a month but still faster than I have. So I'm considering the extra 20 bucks a month to unlock this thing to the next level. Should give me, if I do, 700MB in 35 minutes, rather than three and a half hours and the required planning ahead for a sustained d/l in Linux, for some reason a windoze attempt gets cut off or broken which I blame on pings and port scans by those trying to get into my workstation but Ghostwall over reacts by shutting all ports,busting the connection. In Linux the interactive firewall reports on the attacker with a dialogue, giving the option to blacklist or not. It doesn't stop the download.

Now in all the above I wonder what's going to happen to my [email protected] email if I drop them for another ISP. Yahoo once announced that I can get it to follow me as if it were a @yahoo email but now I can't find that notice.

I still think,on telecommunications, that CDNs are getting butt-humped on cost vs. return.

I'd like to help you but I only have OTA but have been studying DVR/PVR over at the AV Science forum, though it has been stated options for CDN cable/sat users appear limited.

Hosting Services by ipHouse