The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 123 made on Friday October 22, 2010 at 22:00
joeyk201
Long Time Member
January 2010
I too am another Level 2 Certified user who is locked out.

However I am also a professional a/v technician with over 7 years experience. I have installed and programmed a wide array of remotes over the years. Pronto of course being one. I however work for a few different companies over the years. Moving up the ladder.From a smaller outfit to a bigger one to one of the top AV firms in the US.
I do not own the company currently most all installs are either Crestron or Savant and only a very small amount of universal. I choose to switch to using 2 Pronto's TSU9600 and a RFX9600 for my own home after owning the disco'ed Marantz RC9001 and RX9001. I also got screwed on that deal too. I like the ease of programming since I am not a crestron programmer but I do everything else Crestron related. Plus in is more affordable for me and I simply like the prontos look and feel and functions.

So I don't consider myself a DIYER or Hobbyist to say the least.

Where do I fit in? There isn't any written disclousure in any of the paper work that came with my units stating these restrictions. And I don't think Phillips is going to not warrantty there product since that would open up a huge amount of legal issues. So give back what you already gave many of use already as far as access to software updates and such or take back your product. I will gladly send it back to phillips for a prorated refund.

I upgraded from my Marantz to the Phillips to take advantage of the ongoing support in both software and firmware. Not to mention to purcahse Prontoscript licenses from legit programmers.$$$$$$Can I get a refunded from those guys. I don't think so.

You got to be kidding!!!!! Why not discontinue the units and screw everyone and come out with a whole new line.LOL

I guess its time to get rit of it all on ebay again and let phillips loose more of the market to the ipad and iphone.

You would think they would at least fix all the issues with the units first before starting in with this.

You all know these remotes aren't perfect so why treat them like gold!

Hosting Services by ipHouse