The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Friday September 10, 2010 at 00:38
Duct Tape
Loyal Member
November 2008
On August 12, 2010 at 16:55, AACTrent said...
Our piece is shipping now, in case anyone was watching this thread.

[Link: audioauthority.com]

EDIT: MSRP of the kit is $598, each individual transmitter and receiver is $299. Of course, dealer pricing is available.

We ordered one of the kits to try out before using on an upcoming job.

I tested it at the shop with a 100' piece of RG6 using Tributary compression BNCs. It worked as advertised.

But I wanted to see how it would perform in a more real world situation, using less than perfect wiring methods. So I took it home with me and slapped it into my own home theater.

For my test, I barrel spliced two pieces of RG6 that I had run in my house, just to see if it would work.  The wires were previously used for my channel modulator distribution around the house. I pulled off two cables from the distroblock and spliced them together with an F-barrel. Then I installed Tributary compression BNCs on the other ends of each wire.

I used an Oppo BDP83 Bluray Player and Samsung LNT4671 TV for my testing. I also used cheap HDMI cables. 6' long at the Oppo (came with the Oppo), and 10' long at the TV (came from my junk pile).   The total RG6 run is about 110 feet. (Belden wire)  

As I type this, I am watching a bluray disc at 1080p with no issues. I was really surprised that it worked with the barrel splice. If this kit works this well with my crude testing, I feel really good about using it on our boats using proper wiring methods.

Thanks for an awesome product Trent!
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse