Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Wednesday September 1, 2010 at 14:29
BlackWire Designs
September 2006
On September 1, 2010 at 14:10, SOUND.SD said...
You sound like a grumpy child throwing a fit. Sad really.

Werent you just complaining about having to type in a ip address and port? So, DDNS would solve that. No?

You have to type in the web address on the PC side too? I guess you could bookmark it. I really have no idea what you are complaining about. It takes about 4 seconds to type in the address. Sometimes you just cant please everyone.

You recommend the MAC. You recommend the Speco. Sounds like your problem and you have found Speco does it best but your still complaining. Your'e a child.

im not a grumpy child throwing a fit.. you disagreed with me.. so lets do some number crunching here

ok client number 1 has to type the following when the app opens

192.168.1.150:100

and your client has to type the following when the app opens

joesmith.ddns.specoddns.net

NEITHER ONE is easy to remember and its beyond ridiculous that our client has to memorized some stupid long url to get to their cameras. they want to click a button and have them show up... I referenced that a router has ddns because the fact that the dvr has it isnt anything special. I dont recommend speco anymore. i had in the past also the complaint were from the home owners when they were away from home.. In home the cameras were distributed on their tvs and other locations so it wasnt a big deal.
BlackWire Designs

Hosting Services by ipHouse