Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Wednesday September 1, 2010 at 10:41
BlackWire Designs
September 2006
On August 31, 2010 at 22:00, SOUND.SD said...
That couldnt be further from the truth.

Speco DVR has built in DDNS that is very simple to set up. Their MAC viewing software is flawless. It would be nice if the DDNS name auto-populated when you opened the JAVA viewer but its not that tough to remember the DDNS name ie "joesmith.ddns.specoddns.net". The way I see it they are the only ones even providing a decent MAC solution.

And their proprietary iphone solution works nicely too. Only one camera at a time but with that small of a screen who wants more that that?

umm... wow it has DDNS.. most routers have that built in as well.. not really a big feature

the pure simple fact that the client is required to enter in an ip address or even a ddns style domain is unacceptable. There is no way to save the info at all.

I have installed 50+ speco dvrs and they are excellent quality DVRs but with 90% of my clients having macs due to my recommendations i got complaint calls almost every week saying they did not want to have to enter in info and just wanted to click a button and have the cameras come up which you can do with their windows program...
BlackWire Designs

Hosting Services by ipHouse