The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 41 made on Wednesday August 18, 2010 at 01:58
netguy
Lurking Member
December 2009
On August 11, 2010 at 11:09, dipdog21 said...
This is part of my issue with C4. Due to the lack of easy macro button commands it can take a bit of time to devise a workaround on some issues. So can you do the above statement with Savant? Here is an example of an issue that seemed like it should easily be fixed. With operating system 2.0. A client wants to choose a specific room from a touch panel. When you go to the selection page the rooms show up but the rooms the client uses the most is at the bottom. Not a big deal but he has to scroll through 20 zones each time. Called tech support and reordering the rooms is not an option. They were not even sure what order the showed up in.These are the kind of simple things that seem like they should be easy to accomplish but are not. I have run into a few of these with C4.

Really you can't figure that out? It's the order the rooms are in within the tree, always has been. From top to bottom, will show up on remotes and screens top to bottom.

Pretty freaking amazing huh?

You can even break rooms up by floor or whatever you want to name the "floor"

Name some more. Ask some questions before guessing it doesn't work. That's the great power of the internet, there are answers for anything, and if you can't find your answer there's a specialized place to ask for help from others who use the product or service and might have an answer.

Sorry for the rant, not personal. the convergence of the industries and all of the resources available now I'm amazed at the "issues" people find with all kinds of things in the world, products, services, etc. that really aren't issues, they just haven't learned the answer yet.

No offense meant, and this isn't product line specific. I'm just surprised by things like this. We're all the "answer" guys/gals. No?

Hosting Services by ipHouse