The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Thursday August 12, 2010 at 19:28
SignatureSV
Loyal Member
July 2009
On July 11, 2010 at 12:07, thefish said...
Anyone tried this?

[Link: milestek.com]

Looking for a solution for a poorly wired house (every wall mount TV just has one coax, freaking electricians).

ZeeVee is an option, but prefer not to go there just quite yet.

I was brought in at the literal LAST minute yesterday to prewire a 6k square foot house for DA. it was crazy I would finish wiring a room and the drywallers were there the minute I stepped out to get there work done. What 2 cases of corona does to keep them waiting like that ;) it was stressful though, I was by myself. Man was it a long day.

When I went for the initial consultation on sunday I had noticed the exact same thing, one coax to every TV location. and the best part is they are all cut and terminated on the outside location next to the ONT and not a structured wiring panel to be found in that house.

I tried to explain to the customer on sunday that he needs to tell the builder to hold up the drywallers so we can wire the house properly he said "Ill jump that bridge when it comes" Ok.....he will be wishing he had held them off a week when he gets the bill to fix that mess.

Im pretty sure il be triming out in a month and a half, man is this gunna be fun. and even at that havent the electricians ever heard of a low voltage box for the coax?
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse