The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Wednesday August 11, 2010 at 20:23
dipdog21
Long Time Member
February 2005
On August 11, 2010 at 19:18, RADIO RAHIM said...
If your not already a Crestron or Savant dealer and do not plan or have the resources to do large scale high-end jobs, I would go for Control4. They are built their company to serve mid market dealers. Crestron and Savant created low cost solutions to keep from losing market share on the low end to Control4. Their low end solutions are not complete enough to compete with Control4. Control4 has already gone through their growing pains and have a mature system.

We are already a Crestron dealer but we don't do the programming in house. It is farmed out. I was just looking to recommend another control system that we could fully handle in house. I looked at the Prodigy but it seemed you were a bit limited in the components and there is no possibility to cross over between the Crestron lines without having two different systems. Also if you started to go beyond the basic programming you would have to start getting into the more complex Crestron programming. While I would love to do this my employer has been soured with a previous Crestron programmer that worked here. They would rather keep the more complex programming to the sub.

Hosting Services by ipHouse