Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Saturday July 31, 2010 at 16:28
sofa_king_CI
June 2009
On July 31, 2010 at 14:27, 39 Cent Stamp said...
With System Builder you reach the end and your still miles away from where you need to be.

What you guys dont want to do is hand your clients a Crestron System that operates like an RTI system.

I agree and disagree. Yes you reach the end of System builder and you are still miles away from what you CAN do, but not necessarily what you need for many jobs. Prodigy alone is very powerful and can be treated like an RTI 2-way system with a few extra perks and can all be done within System Builder AND be very competitive in terms of price.

The argument of C4/RTI whatever can do the same thing, is sometimes true, but the only benefit was the same thing for less $$, with Prodigy that isn't always the case. Along those same lines, a Prodigy client is the type of client that has room in the budget for advanced programming features.

So, IMO, a System Builder group is essential for guys like me that are working with Prodigy and maybe some Adagio Systems. I look at Adagio at for the same money I could have replaced my Denon 3808, XP8 & Niles ICS system with a Crestron System. By using SB, I could offer the SAME level of functionality and at pretty close to the same price, BUT have tons of options to expand, at which point, a SIMPL programmer would likely be needed.

I don't think learning SB is a waste of time at all, its essential for the small and cookie cutter custom jobs. Especially for those of us that don't qualify for any other level of training.

Just KNOW that SB is only a fraction of what is truly possible. But not everything possible should always be sold.
do wino hue?

Hosting Services by ipHouse