The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Friday July 30, 2010 at 14:46
cgav
Select Member
September 2009
I was amazed at my training as well how little my instructor knew about it. I was like, "does no one here have any real experience with one of these sytems?"

After teaching myself for the last 4 months, I was MILES AND MILES ahead of that 3-day prodigy class. I enjoyed the last day, but even 80% of that day was a re-hash. No real knowledge from them at all about how to program it outside of their composer/systembuilder "sandbox". Luckily with help from Motech and a few others, I have come a long way with it. I fell like I can handle a prodigy system to it's limitations. My instructor said it was not possible to program a system with 2 - 5.1 receiver zones. I was like that's interesting, I have done 2 in the last month. It's not easy and it's basically hacking/reverse engineering. I was hoping to learn more advanced skills where I could get to the finish line without a lot of detours.

The other programmer I was at class with even used the red-headed stepchild statement. It was easy to see the contempt in the tone/delivery of the instructor.

Hosting Services by ipHouse