The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Friday July 30, 2010 at 10:12
Designermike
Long Time Member
May 2007
On July 30, 2010 at 06:32, Gman-north said...
Guys,

Respectfully, I think the full line Crestron dealers would have issue with this. We are still ticked with Crestrons decision to open the line up to everyone and anyone. Given our investment in blood, sweat, tears and money, I am reluctant to give up any indepth experience and expertise, especially on a public forum.

To be fair, I understand your growing pains. It is a very difficult process to learn Crestron programming, even Systembuilder but if you are serious about learning, then you need to put in the time on the yahoo forum, tech support and onsite troubleshooting just as we did.

I have no problem chiming in on general enquiries here and I do ask alot of general questions. Any major issues that I need answered, I go to the source and in this case, it's Crestron Tech support!

Gman-north respectfully you guys need to GET OVER IT things are changing...have changed if you don't want to give any in depth experience DON'T, you guys were pissed that Crestron is selling through A**d and complaining about tech support being bombarded with guys that didn't know what they were getting into selling crestron ...now your advocating that we jam tech support with all inquires. We are putting in the time, some of us are members of the other forums including crestron yahoo groups, but there is limited info as it relates to system builder on yahoo it takes forever to get a response for anything that's not related to SIMPL, or SIMPL+

The industry is changing I'm not a B&W Dealer but I'm just as upset as the next integrator that they are in Best Buy Magnolia. I just read that they are dropping 75% of there dealers ( the guys that supported them), Martin Logan is in distribution, Crestron in distribution, Savant is putting out press releases stating that the iPad is the end of selling high-end touch panels and the future for automation...uniformed customers believe it which makes my job harder selling a RTI T2-C for 1,400.00 programmed (no processor) or a prodigy PTX3 or any touchscreen for that matter that's more than a 599.00 iPad.
Crestron DMC-D

Hosting Services by ipHouse