The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday July 29, 2010 at 23:37
NorCal AV
Long Time Member
July 2010
I agree. Hopefully the "powers-that-be" feel similar. It would seem that Systembuilder is Crestron "red-headed stepchild" in many ways. I was amazed at my training course at Crestron how few people [including the instructors] have a deep understanding of the program. Most are Simpl experts and just dont have a real need to involve themselves into the deeper levels of the program.

I can understand the reasoning since I'm sure 95% of their daily troubleshooting calls involve Simpl or Simpl+. So, that leaves it up to great forums like this [or the Crestron yahoo group] and us dealers willing to assist each other during these times.

BTW, I've got 5 years experience designing and overseeing the integration of high-end Crestron systems working for another integration firm. We always had either an in-house or 3rd-party programmer come in to do the programming. Well, now that I'm on my own, I'm wearing multiple hats, including Prodigy programming. It's been a very humbling experience. I can only imagine what dealers with no exposure to Crestron must be going through. 3 systems now under my belt and each time it gets easier. However, it's been an "experience." Lol.

I think that a dedicated place to share our experiences and ideas would be extremely helpful in dealing with a software program that doesn't get the same level of attention as others in its broader family.

Hosting Services by ipHouse