The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 435 made on Friday July 23, 2010 at 00:50
RobSmit
Long Time Member
May 2010
On June 16, 2010 at 13:19, captaincondor said...
Is anyone having issues with PTX3's keeping a charge? I left the one in my office off the charger went out for a few hours this morning and came back and it was dead. I have adjusted the LCD settings and wake ups etc. I am rather disappointed if this is the case

Please let me know if this is an issue for anyone else

Your post was a long time ago, hope my reply is still useful.

What you see seems to be a bug in the PTX3 f/w. After every upload of a project, you need to set the sleep and standby settings again.

Sometimes after update, even if you set them properly, the sleep settings don't work, making the PTX3 constantly being awake. The battery will be empty in a few hours.

To solve, reboot the PTX3 (by holding the power button 10+ seconds), then go to the setup and set the sleep / standby settings again. If they work now, they will keep working until the next upload.

I'm still learning about System Builder and tweak the project almost every day, so I run into this often.

I have several PTX3's in my home and they work up to 1 week without charge.
The next version of my control software will be so great, it will control the world! Or maybe not, in that case wait for the update which should come really soon.

Hosting Services by ipHouse