The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 428 made on Friday July 16, 2010 at 10:51
cgav
Select Member
September 2009
We're using it to sell home automation to folks who normally can not swing it. It's a pretty easy sell for a one-room system that is completely upgradeable to a whole house control system as the end-user can afford it. Obviously, it's a lot harder to program bits at a time rather than doing a whole house from the get-go, but I've found people enjoy and can swallow the PMC2+ first, then a month or two later, add thermostats, then a month or so later, add some lights, then the PAMP. Etc, etc. This is of course for budget minded folks. We've sold quite a few whole home systems and I've found people enjoy not HAVING to have touchpanels. Most folks I sell this too are upper-upper middle class. 4-500k home. They don't like the PTL4 usually (it is pretty ugly, in my opinion, but probably on purpose) but they do like the remote and being able to operate the whole house from the remote. I've found that is the biggest selling feature. Doing a demo system (either in a showroom or a mobile rack that can go to someone's home) and buying the $100 Mobile Pro App (iPhone or Touch) and setting it up and demo-ing it that way, it sells itself. I usually don't even have to say anything. Sorry for the stream of consciousness writing.

Hosting Services by ipHouse