Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 423 made on Wednesday July 14, 2010 at 07:19
GLS
October 2005
On June 15, 2010 at 22:24, Audible Solutions said...
Crestron's native language is Simpl. If you can program in Simpl you can program Prodigy using Simpl.

Most Prodigy dealers cannot program in Simpl. Therefore they use Systembuilder, which is a configuration coding utility using drivers Crestron has written. There are some ways these macros work that you need to learn so that you code them in Systembuilder efficiently. One of these tricks is that Systembuilder is a feedback driven utility. You trigger the event with source selection. You then base all macros on source_X_fb=true.

The smartest trick is to use Crestron's prodigy products. Then it's to restrain your geek gene and keep it simple. While you are welcome to use a receiver's zone 2 it is going to eat into your programming time, particularly since you're going to have to base a lot of logic on zone2 on=true and zone2_source_X_fb=true.

Use Prodigy dimmers, Prodigy TSTATs, Prodigy amps and Prodigy iPod docks.
Use any DVD/Bluray, display and cable/sat box you'd like. Unless you expect to deliver it in every system you sell, stay away from using AppleTV to control iTunes on your touch panel. Yes, there are macros that do this. If you are not selling this on to every job and you expect your jobs to be profitable don't deploy this feature.

I will say this again, despite the probability it will fall on deaf ears, your geek gene is the enemy of you bank account.

Alan

This sounds like awesome advice. I am looking at Prodigy and I'm willing to keep my geek gene in check(it's wimpy anyway) but one thing that I am interested in is getting feedback from Pandora. Is there a Crestron module or something that will do that simply, or do you have to use a third-party device like a receiver or a bluray player? How will require the training class and experimentation I guess. Any input is appreciated,
G
www.GordonsLight.com
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Hosting Services by ipHouse