The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 50 made on Tuesday July 13, 2010 at 01:56
RTI Installer
March 2002
On July 12, 2010 at 00:42, QQQ said...
Well, in spite of RTI's typical delusional posting, in this instance about how Norton is often "turned into a big Trojan" I'd going to give a huge should out here for the CURRENT VERSION of Norton AntiVirus. I used to absolutely despise Norton as it was very intrusive and a huge memory hog. I then read Daniel Tonks talking about how good the current version is and did a little research and decided to give it a try.

First off you literally don't even know it's running it is so lightweight and they have a neat litte meter that shows cpu usage. The interface is also quite good. overall I prefer it to eset which is what I used in the past. Highly recommended. You can also but a 5-user pack for only $89. And if you do a search on "coupon codes" on Google and look up current codes, should should be able to save about 20% on whichever version you buy.

I’m not delusional, I only post what I know from absolute concrete experience, your life is subject to different experiences than mine, this does not invalidate what I know or what you know, we just have a different way of approaching things. I have been working with computers since the late 70's so I have see a lot of issue come and go.

Norton for example, if one stays on top of the updates and does not download tons of what could be considered bootleg offerings, then it can be an OK form of protection against threats, but from my experience if you want to buy some thing that works off the shelf at the local office depot, go with web root internet essentials, its a better program with a smaller foot print on your resources.

You can also simply download Microsoft security essentials if you don’t want to spend any money at all.

Combofix is the tool of choice for many pc techs (although they won’t tell you this) for getting rid of things that just won’t go away

Malwarebytes is also very effective.

I just feel that Norton is extremely overpriced for what you get.
Never Ignore the Obvious -- H. David Gray

Hosting Services by ipHouse