Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Wednesday June 16, 2010 at 21:40
LewK
Long Time Member
November 2006
Lowpro:

Argh! I finally got my RT8 unit back from Xantech yesterday. They said they replaced the receiver module as it wasn't reliable from their testing. They also said the unit was working properly. But I still get the same results - nothing.

Did you do anything special for the wiring or just run wires straight from a miniplug in the RFX9400 port to the RT8 input? What output power level do you have the port on the RFX9400 that connects to you RT8 set for? I've tried both low and normal and neither works. Unless they are using some weird wiring, I'm assuming that the tip of the plug into the RFX9400 is hot with the sleeve ground and wired them to the RT8 accordingly. I tried that first, but I tried the other when I got no response to any signals from my RTU9600. I programmed a page to send the Code 58 set that is suppose to be the default for the RT8 and I have yet to get a flicker on the green receiver LED or get any of the 8 red LEDs to light up.

I'm really open to suggestions. If I can't get this working this weekend, I'm going to try returning it and getting my money back as I'm tired of fighting this sucker.

LewK
A little nuts, but I'm single so I can usually get away with it.

:-D

Hosting Services by ipHouse