Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Sunday January 3, 2010 at 02:11
bwhiteford
Long Time Member
December 2009
AVXpressions,
Very valid points. I don't believe the Sammy goes to power down at any point as I've left in the sleep mode overnight before. I suppose it's possible that it does it after several nights, but i'm not sure. I also thought of another glitch is an issue. If the TV were to lose power for any reason (power outage, accidental disconnection, etc.) it would boot back up in stand by, and thus the AMX would not be able to turn it on.

As far as your VGA switcher comments, I agree and I suppose it would depend on the switcher. The only thing you could do there would be to physically power down the switcher when the system is not in use via a relay or something.

Thanks very much for your thoughts everyone. Like I say, it's a shame that this is the remaining piece. And while I agree that Samsung never promised any kind of control like this, I think integrators would be much more likely to turn to Samsung if there was a straightforward method for control via RS-232. I've installed LG's over Samsungs solely because of the simple, straightforward DB9 on the back...ready to go.

Hosting Services by ipHouse