The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday December 16, 2009 at 20:20
digitalfun
Long Time Member
February 2004
Ok, I had all of my gear moved into a closet and the only thing I’m having trouble with is my PS3. I can only get 480P out of it. Games will play at 480P but Blu-Rays will not play at all. All of the settings including 480P give me strange pixilation when testing the resolution. Trying custom and automatic gives me the same result.

I just looked at the cable that the audio/video guy ran and its a 50 ft Steren 516-850bk HDMI cable. This is connected to my brand new Panny 58V10. My DirecTV and Sony DVD changer work fine.

After looking at the specs for this cable it's not a very good cable. I'm not even sure it's rated for an in-wall application which has me a little worried.

Steren 516-850bk HDMI cable

# For ultimate performance in high-definition video and audio signal connectivity
# Supports 1080i video resolution
# Supports 8-bit color depths
# Category 1 Cable

About 5 minutes ago I hooked up an Octava HDMI extender at the TV end of the cable with a wall wart and still no love. I also tried it without the wall wart and that didn’t work either.

I probably have about 10-15 feet of extra HDMI cable from the 50 feet cable that I just spooled underneath the equipment.

I’ve read that PS3 has problems with long cable runs but I was hoping the Octava HDMI extender would solve the problem. I'm thinking about replacing the cable with this 40 foot Monoprice cable:

[Link: monoprice.com]

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I also just bought a PS3 Toothfairy but until I can solve this problem I don't want to hook it up. One issue at a time.

Last edited by digitalfun on December 24, 2009 12:35.

Hosting Services by ipHouse