The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Wednesday July 18, 2007 at 00:24
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
On July 17, 2007 at 20:21, Barry Gordon said...
LowPro, Very Impressive.

Hi Barry. Thanks for the props!

I was thinking of doing cover art for my Music server but was concerned about the memory
issues. I am waiting for Philips to allow the transmission
of graphics dynamically over TCPIP as the Music server
and the DVD librarian have both.

I too have been wondering if and when Philips will allow the transmission of graphics dynamically over TCP/IP. I'll have no choice but to go this route when I run out of memory in the remote. At this point I doubt my memory will even hold out till the end of the year which is very disappointing. For a device as sophisticated as the TSU9600 and carrying the price point that it does, 64 megs for ones configuration file is not sufficient in my opinion. Comparatively speaking, you get much more bang for your buck memory wise with the TSU7500 (48MB) than you do with the TSU9600 (64MB) due to the page area of the TSU7500 being half that of the TSU9600, 240x320 versus 640x480. In any event, I better stop while I'm ahead before I get myself worked up. It is what it is I guess. Perhaps if at some point Philips puts out a new build of the remote they will increase the memory capacity. I'd like to see it at least doubled. If this were to happen I'd gladly purchase the updated model.

Where do you go to find the percentage of memory available?

The Settings/Info page in the remote lists the free memory available.

Last edited by Lowpro on July 18, 2007 17:26.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse