The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday February 26, 2008 at 14:49
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
(Obvious formalities out of the way first: MX-890 = MX-980, I'm assuming.)

It's a little hard to follow your question since it's not formatted the way the MX-980 editor expresses it, but I'm pretty sure I have the answer. Probably the key you're overlooking is that MX-980 explicity supports IF/ELSE, but not just IF. You need to declare both the "IF" case and the "ELSE" case. (You can sort of do an IF by keeping one side of the expression blank, of course.)

So first, in the If Setting dialog box, set your trigger event. So, let's say you set the IF Setting for a macro step to give the variable "FAIL" a trigger value of "False."

Obviously at this point, you program your macro steps for what happens on "IF," where the case of "IF" is that when the macro is run, "FAIL" is set to False. The second part of the macro therefore occurs when "FAIL" is set to True.

Some even external to this macro step sets the value of "FAIL," and the IF/ELSE statement acts on the valie of "FAIL" to produce either the "IF" case or, if the "IF" case is not satisfied, it defaults to the "ELSE" case.

Does that help?

Best regards,
Dale
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse