The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday October 30, 2003 at 12:52
Pfliegster
Lurking Member
October 2003
Ahhhhh .... Finally, I'm starting to see the method behind the madness. Thanks for the good explanation.

BTW: Do you know of any place where all of the IR formats (Sharp, Denon, NEC, Sony ...) are documented in excruciating detail (including details of repeating/non-repeating, structure of first half/second half, Lead-in's, etc.)? Or have most companies tried to keep these formats proprietary ... making the Home Theatre enthusiasts reverse-engineer these codes?

Also - I'm pretty psyched that Denon has published these code tables, however I've had no luck finding detailed function tables for some of my other components (like my Sony TV). Do you know of a repository of all of this information (aside from digging through other peoples' PCFs & CCFs on this excellent site)?

For instance, I've been able to learn all of the keys on my TV remote into the Pronto ... except for 1 (the "TV" button). This button works as expected from the factory remote, but I've tried several times unsuccessfully to learn it with Pronto. Pronto thinks that it learned it (giving the affirmative beep), but when I press the button ... nothing happens. If I had the function tables for this particular TV, I could compare one of my other learned codes that works to the table and then try to analyze the code that Pronto incorrectly learned ... and edit it to correct any error I find.

Thanks again for the help.

Hosting Services by ipHouse