Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday March 8, 2000 at 07:28
Joacim Boive
Historic Forum Post
I use Macro Express and it absolutely ROCKS!

Many thanks to George for his excellent idea! My girlfriend really hates you, since I'm spending even less time with her, but you got an A+ in my book.. ;)

To the question:

• Get yourself the Macro Editor of choice. In M.E. you have the ability to "Export as playable Macro". I'm sure there's something similar in Macro Magic and other programs as well. This option is vital though, it won't work with out it.
  • Create the Macros that you need. This can get how advanced you want. In M.E. you can use variables so I'm able to tell if I already switched to my VCR source If the TV is on and on the proper channel etc. GR8 feature! Basically it will need some thought if you want/need to do more then the basic stuff.
  • Create the HTML page, I'm keeping mine very simple as it wont be seen by the operator. Example;

<A HREF="\playVCR.mxe">VCR Play</A>

There's nothing more to it. Create a link, like above, for each macro you want to include.
  • Install the proper software. If you're running NT then you will need SP 4 or higher to be able to install Free Speech. You will need Internet Explorer 5.0 or later as well.
  • When you open your webpage in IE and click a link it will ask you if you want to open or save. Click the checkbox, saying something like: "Don't ask this question again" and choose open from location.

You're now all set to voice control your home theater!

Regards!

Joacim Boive

Hosting Services by ipHouse