The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Saturday September 10, 2005 at 18:53
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
On 09/09/05 17:25 ET, glendagary said...
I'm busy working on my graphics. I'll probably
have a question or two later about the CX-985
Setup page. Think it's worth the money difference
for the new 995?

Speaking of the setup page ... I just updated the layout of my setup. The new layout now provides an exact visual representation of how the DVD slot loading macros are built. I'm very pleased with the way it turned out.

Regarding the 995 ...
After checking out a 995 tonight I can say without question that my next changer will be a 985. In fact, if I had to pay more for the 985 over the 995 I would and for one reason. With my 985's I can stop a DVD where it can resume playback from that given point, power down the changer, power it back up again, and that disc does not start playing automatically. It is simply still cued up, but stopped at that resume point. Well the 995 in this scenario forces that disc to start playing automatically from the resume point when the changer powers up! So not only did Sony not fix the auto-play issue with the 995, they made it worse by taking away the one reasonable and full proof work around that is available with the 985 and 777. On top of that, the HDMI interface and upconversion did not impress me at all. I love my 985's. They have performed beautifully since day one. The 480p component output delivers a wonderful picture. Until HD DVD becomes a reality and 400-disc DVD changers are available to go along with the format, I will stick with the 985. My 3rd changer only has 11 slots left. :-( I'd just assume continue stopping a given DVD where it can resume playback, so that DVD does not start playing automatically on startup. As such, my 4th DVD changer will also be a 985. Come on Sony. Get a clue already! What a disappointment.

Last edited by Lowpro on November 25, 2011 13:54.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse